Mexico captures man blamed in US consulate attack

By
March 21, 2009 05:19

The Mexican army arrested an alleged drug trafficker suspected of organizing an attack on a US consulate as well as the killing of several soldiers in retaliation for a government crackdown, President Felipe Calderon said Friday. Calderon said alleged Gulf cartel hit man Sigifrido Najera Talamantes was captured in the northern city of Saltillo, Coahuila, earlier in the day. Najera Talamantes is suspected in an Oct. 12 attack in which one man opened fire on the US consulate in the northern city of Monterrey and another man threw a grenade that failed to explode. Nobody was hurt. He is also suspected of involvement in a similar gunfire and grenade attack Jan. 7 on the offices of the Televisa television network's station in Monterrey.


Related Content

Netanyahu walks with Harper
September 10, 2012
test with pnina

By JPOST.COM STAFF