Blasts rock divided town in northern Kosovo

January 25, 2009 00:38


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


Kosovo police say two explosions rocked a residential area in the country's ethnically divided northern town of Mitrovica. No one was injured. Besim Hoti, a spokesman for the Kosovo police says the blasts took place within an hour of each other near apartment buildings inhabited primarily by ethnic Albanians. Police suspect hand grenades were used in the attack late Saturday. NATO-led peacekeepers and European Union police were deployed to secure the area. Mitrovica has often been a scene of clashes between majority ethnic ALbanians and minority Serbs. Earlier this month, in retaliation for the stabbing of a Serb youth, Serb mobs torched Albanian-owned shops in the town.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Tel Aviv lit up in a display of the Sri Lanka flag
April 23, 2019
Sri Lankan ambassador: 'We are still in shock'