French court sentences 3 Germans for NATO protests

By
April 6, 2009 21:51

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A judicial official says a court in Strasbourg has sentenced three Germans detained during last week's violent protests at a NATO summit to short prison terms. The official says the three, aged 23-25, were handed prison terms Monday ranging from three months to six months. The official spoke on condition of anonymity in accordance with judicial policy. The three were convicted of throwing stones at police officers and carrying weapons including a metal bar and a hatchet. Only one of the three denied the charges. A hotel and a customs station were burned in the historic eastern city of Alsace near the German border protests during the NATO summit. The French government has said 300 people were arrested during the protests.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Khashoggie Saudi Arabian Consulate
November 18, 2018
Khashoggi killers possibly took his dismembered body out of country

By REUTERS