German city disposes of 4 WWII bombs

By
January 4, 2009 20:16

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Experts disposed of four unexploded World War II bombs in a western German city in an operation Sunday that prompted authorities to evacuate some 15,000 residents. The bombs were found near empty houses in Osnabrueck, some of which once accommodated families of British soldiers stationed in Germany, city spokesman Sven Juergensen said. The devices, believed to have been dropped by British planes during wartime raids, were located with the help of aerial photographs. Two of them were defused, and the other two destroyed in controlled explosions. Authorities decided to evacuate 15,000 people from the surrounding district as a precaution ahead of Sunday's operation, also relocating patients from three nearby hospitals.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Spokesperson Heather Nauert (L) speaks as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
December 12, 2018
Effort to thwart Iranian missiles 'futile' so far, Pompeo says

By MICHAEL WILNER