German raids on suspected terror cell supporters

By
November 22, 2008 17:03

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Officials say German police carried out raids in three states searching for suspected supporters of a terror cell whose plans to attack US targets in Germany were foiled last year. Federal prosecutors' spokesman Frank Wallenta says police made no arrests during Thursday's raids on the residences of several people suspected of acquiring detonators for three alleged terror plotters. The suspected plotters are now on trial. They are alleged to have operated as a German cell of the radical Islamic Jihad Union. Wallenta declined to say Saturday where the raids had been carried out. Germany's Bild daily says they were in Baden-Wuerttemberg, Rhineland-Palatinate and Lower Saxony.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Flowers are seen near the site of Friday's shooting, outside Al Noor mosque in Christchurch, New Zea
July 21, 2019
New Zealanders hand over 10,000-plus guns and weapons parts in buy-back scheme

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings