Italians probe two French citizens on terrorism plans

By
May 12, 2009 09:57

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Two French citizens jailed in southern Italy since last year are important point-men in Europe for al-Qaida and might have been planning attacks abroad, Italian anti-terrorism officials said Tuesday. The officials said the two men were being served warrants on Tuesday accusing them of being terrorists. The men have been held in Bari since November when they were arrested on suspicion of helping illegal immigration. "They are two important point-men in Europe" for al-Qaida, said Claudio Garzellano, an official of Italy's anti-terrorism police division UCIGOS, on Italian state radio. The two are suspected of recruiting militants for al-Qaida in Afghanistan and spreading terrorism propaganda, Garzellano said.

Related Content

Trump Putin
August 17, 2018
Russian oil industry would weather U.S. 'bill from hell'

By REUTERS