Kletzky’s father sues killer for $100 million

Leiby Kletzky, 8, was kidnapped, tortured, murdered by Levi Aron in July when Leiby got lost returning home from summer camp.

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF
August 31, 2011 02:54
Leibby Kletzky

Leibby Kletzky 311. (photo credit: NYPD)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

The father of murder victim Leiby Kletzky is suing his son’s alleged killer for $100 million in punitive and compensatory damages, according to The New York Post.

Leiby Kletzky, 8, was kidnapped, tortured and eventually dismembered by Levi Aron last month when Leiby got lost returning home from summer camp.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.


According to Nachman Kletzky’s suit, “The defendant’s culpable acts... were utterly reckless, malicious, wanton, willful and exhibited a depraved indifference to the health, safety, freedom and rights... of Leiby Kletzky.”

An additional $100 million lawsuit was filed against Levi Aron’s father, Jack, who “permitted tools of terror to remain at said premises [East 2nd Street, Brooklyn, New York], knowing of the vicious, assaultive and murderous propensities of his son, Levi Aron, who resided at said premises.”

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

GAL GADOT as 'Shank' in 'Ralph Breaks the Internet'
November 20, 2018
‘Ralph Breaks the Internet’ and Gal Gadot praised by critics

By AMY SPIRO