LA judge denies Polanski's bid to toss sex case

By
May 8, 2009 04:00

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A judge on Thursday dismissed Roman Polanski's bid to throw out a decades-old sex case because the fugitive director failed to appear in court to press his request. In a seconds-long hearing with no lawyers present, Superior Court Judge Peter Espinoza said he was finalizing an earlier decision for the record. He had placed the order on hold to give Polanski time to return to the United States from France. His lawyer, Chad Hummel, notified the judge earlier this week that Polanski would not appear because he believed his presence was irrelevant to the dismissal motion. The judge took the bench briefly and said that because "Mr. Polanski doesn't intend to submit himself to the jurisdiction of the court," his motion for dismissal would be denied.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Khashoggie Saudi Arabian Consulate
November 18, 2018
Khashoggi killers possibly took his dismembered body out of country

By REUTERS