Man who attacked Dutch royals dies

By
May 1, 2009 13:42

The man who drove his car into a crowd of parade spectators and killed five in an attempt to attack the Dutch royal family died early Friday of his injuries, prosecutors said. The 38-year-old suspect, identified by Dutch media as Karst Tates, had been in critical condition since the attack that marred the Netherlands' Queen's Day holiday on Thursday. Twelve other people were hurt when Tates rammed his car through police barricades toward an open-topped bus carrying Queen Beatrix and several other members of the royal family. Tates told one of the first police officers to rush to his car that the attack was aimed at the royal family, prosecutor Ludo Goossens said Thursday. But the motive was unclear.


Related Content

A U.S. Air Force MQ-9 Reaper drone sits armed with Hellfire missiles and a 500-pound bomb
August 22, 2019
Russia, China seek UN Security Council meeting on U.S. missiles

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings