Northern Mexico shootout kills teen

By
January 20, 2009 00:52

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

A shootout in one of Mexico's wealthiest neighborhoods left a 19-year-old university student dead and two others missing, a Monterrey police spokesman said Monday. The group of friends had just left an exclusive club in the northern city of Monterrey before dawn Sunday when attackers opened fire on their Mercedes Benz. That sparked a high-speed chase through the exclusive San Pedro district. The car crashed in an underpass, said the police spokesman, who was not authorized to give his name. One passenger was killed, but three others walked away unharmed. The car's driver and front-seat passenger were missing. It was unclear if they fled the scene or had been kidnapped.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Spokesperson Heather Nauert (L) speaks as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
December 12, 2018
Effort to thwart Iranian missiles 'futile' so far, Pompeo says

By MICHAEL WILNER