Pakistan takes another suspect in Mumbai rampage into custody

By
April 13, 2009 18:48

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Pakistan's top civilian security official says authorities have arrested a fifth suspect in last year's deadly siege of Mumbai. Interior Ministry chief Rehman Malik says Shahid Jamil Riaz was arrested in the southern Pakistani city of Karachi. Riaz is alleged to have maintained financial accounts and helped plan the November attack, which killed 164 people in India's commercial capital. Malik further said Monday that Pakistan needs more information from India to aid its investigation. He says five of nine suspects are in custody. He did not say when Riaz was picked up. India blames a banned Pakistani militant group, Lashkar-e-Taiba, for the siege.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Human rights activists and friends of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi hold his pictures during a pr
October 18, 2018
U.S. gives Saudis 'few more days' on Khashoggi probe; consulate searched

By REUTERS