Tests of new Russian missile to continue, says top gov't official

By
June 2, 2009 17:35

Russian news reports have quoted a senior government official as saying a new intercontinental ballistic missile will have to undergo a long series of tests before it's commissioned by the military. Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Ivanov was quoted by Russian news reports as saying Tuesday that more tests of the Bulava missile would be conducted this and next year. The Bulava, intended for Russia's nuclear submarines, has failed in five of its 10 launches. Ivanov blamed the failures on manufacturing flaws, saying that it's difficult to control quality of all parts supplied by 650 subcontractors involved in the program. Russian military officials have said previously that Bulava tests will be completed this year.


Related Content

August 20, 2019
Indian Islamic preacher apologizes to Malaysians for racial remarks

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings