UK health officials confirm five more cases of swine flu

By
May 8, 2009 18:05

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

British health officials on Friday confirmed five new cases of swine flu, bringing the national total to 39. The cases are in four children and an adult who are all associated with a school in London. The Department of Health said Friday that the school had been closed as a precaution and staff and students given antiviral drugs. On Thursday Health Secretary Alan Johnson said authorities expected more British cases of the disease, but there was not yet any evidence of sustained person-to-person transmission. No one in Britain has died of the flu.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Jamal Khashoggi
November 15, 2018
Saudi Arabia seeks death penalty against 5 suspects in Khashoggi killing

By REUTERS