US: 8 suspected insurgents killed in Afghanistan

By
April 13, 2009 12:40

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

US troops and airstrikes killed eight suspected insurgents in two provinces bordering Kabul, a US military statement said Monday. Airstrikes and "indirect" fire killed seven militants in Wardak province after they attacked an American patrol in the area Saturday, the statement said. There were no American casualties in the clash, which happened in Sayed Abad district, it said. Another suspected insurgent was killed in a Saturday clash in neighboring Logar province after a joint US-Afghan patrol was attacked, the statement said. Nearly 3,000 US troops moved into Wardak and Logar earlier this year, as part of the planned increase of American military presence across Afghanistan. The additional troops will try to reverse the Taliban gains and help extend security and development in remote areas of the country.

Related Content

Police officers stand at a cordon after a car crashed outside the Houses of Parliament in Westminste
August 15, 2018
Man arrested after suspected UK parliament attack

By REUTERS