US man charged with threatening President Bush

January 14, 2009 01:07


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


A Louisiana man charged with threatening to kill US President George W. Bush professed his innocence in court Tuesday, then started sobbing after a federal magistrate ordered him jailed. A social worker told Secret Service agents that Gregory Broussard, 44, was being treated in a hospital emergency room on December 29 when he threatened the president and to blow up the White House. An agent wrote in court papers that Broussard told them "if the voice of God instructs him to kill the president, he would follow the instructions." Broussard didn't enter a plea but told US Magistrate Louis Moore Jr. that he is not guilty of the charge.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

April 23, 2019
Do not accept the 'retaliation' narrative for Sri Lanka - analysis