'Nuke talks in Sept., with conditions'

Iran's Jalili: West must answer "3 questions" before dialogue resumes.

By JPOST.COM STAFF
July 6, 2010 14:26
1 minute read.
Secretary of the Iranian Supreme National Security

Jalili speaks in China 311. (photo credit: Associated Press)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Iran will resume negotiations over its nuclear program if certain conditions are met, the country's top nuclear negotiator was quoted as saying Tuesday.

Saeed Jalili said that Iran need "three questions answered" by the West before talks continue, according to state news agency IRNA.

RELATED:
Obama signs Iran sanctions into law
Comment: Germany bashing Israel to expiate Holocaust guilt
Iranian FM: Israel is a threat to peace

No further details were given in the report.


Also Tuesday, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast was quoted as saying reports that Tehran has been denied refueling rights are "part of a psychological war." Reuters reported that Mehmanparast told a news conference, "this news is not right. No such limitation has been imposed."

The comments came after a Wall Street Journal report on Monday that British oil giant BP refused to refuel Iranian airlines after the US Congress passed a new round of tightened sanctions against Iran last week.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Bushehr nuclear Iranian
August 5, 2014
Iran and the bomb: The future of negotiations

By YONAH JEREMY BOB