British woman reported missing in Israel is safe and sound, family says

Father says daughter missed her outgoing flight after she got a ride to the airport with three Palestinian men and was taken for a long security check and detention in a holding area.

December 4, 2014 20:06
1 minute read.
Mia Reeves

Mia Reeves. (photo credit: Courtesy)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A British woman reported missing in Israel has contacted her family and is safe, according to her father.

Kevin Edwards, the father of 27-year-old Mia Reeves, said her mom told him she had called earlier Thursday evening and told her she had missed her Sunday flight from Tel Aviv to London. Reeves reportedly told her mother she had received a ride to the airport with three Palestinian men.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

Once she got the airport, she was taken for a very long security screening. After a detour to a holding area, she missed her flight and was not able to make it back to her job Monday morning, Edwards said he learned Thursday evening.

Edwards said he was told Mia then spent the next few days in a Palestinian village without access to phones or Internet, though he said he didn’t know the name of the village.

Once her roommate told her parents Monday morning that Reeves hadn’t arrived the night before, her family began searching for her and became increasingly worried. They contacted the British police who contacted Interpol and opened an investigation, and Reeves was listed as “missing” by the Nottingham police.

Reeves’s family also notified the British Consulate in Tel Aviv, and EasyJet, the airline Reeves was flying, that she was missing.

Related Content

Eitan Broshi
July 18, 2018
Alleged sexual harassment rocks Zionist Union