Netanyahu condemns attack on Ankara, calls for international unity in war on terror

The prime minister condemned the attack which left at least 34 dead and dozens more injured.

By JPOST.COM STAFF
March 13, 2016 23:43
1 minute read.
Netanyahu

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu . (photo credit: MARC ISRAEL SELLEM)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in a statement on Sunday night expressed solidarity with the people of Turkey and condemned terrorism in the wake of the bombing attack on Ankara that occurred earlier in the day.

"The Prime Minister condemns the mass terror attack which took the lives of innocent civilians and left dozens injured," read the statement.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.


"Israel expresses it's solidarity with the Turkish people in the war against terrorism and calls on the international community to unite in the fight against terror," concluded the statement.  

The apparent suicide car bombing in the Turkish capital of Ankara  left at least 34 people dead and 75 injured, a senior security official said.

Gunfire was also heard after the explosion while ambulances rushed to the area officials said. Smoke could be seen rising above the area from a distance 2.5 km away, a Reuters witness said. The blast occurred near the central Guven Park, which adjoins a major transportation hub.

The explosion occurred less than a month after a car bomb attack in central Ankara killed 29 people. Kurdish militants claimed responsibility for that attack.
, according to a senior security official.

Gunfire was also heard after the explosion while ambulances rushed to the area officials said. Smoke could be seen rising above the area from a distance 2.5 km away, a Reuters witness said. The blast occurred near the central Guven Park, which adjoins a major transportation hub.

JPOST VIDEOS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:


The explosion occurred less than a month after a car bomb attack in central Ankara killed 29 people. Kurdish militants claimed responsibility for that attack.

Reuters contributed to this report.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Gal Gadot wonder
October 22, 2018
Gal Gadot announces six-month delay in Wonder Woman 2

By AMY SPIRO