JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Egypt and Israel have recently held talks about Egypt's demarcation of its maritime border in the Gulf of Aqaba with Saudi Arabia that was concluded over the weekend during Saudi King Salman's historic visit to Cairo, Egyptian daily Al-Ahram reported.
Read more: 'Egypt-Saudi maritime border deal requires change to peace treaty with Israel'
2. Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas has quietly established a constitutional court that analysts say concentrates more power in his hands and may allow him to sideline the Islamist group Hamas in the event of a succession struggle.
Read more: With new decree, Abbas tightens grip on power
3. Listening to the way some Israeli politicians talk about Sanders one gets the sense they have an outsized view of Israel’s importance in the US political landscape.
Read more: Comment: Accusing Bernie Sanders of ‘blood libel’ - the future of US-Israel relations
4. A Syrian journalist who was shot by ISIS gunmen in the Turkish city of Gaziantep on Sunday is now in critical condition, fighting for his life, after being severely injured.
Read more: ISIS assassinates journalist in Turkey for reporting about its crimes in Syria
5. Turkey will not drop its demand for an end to the blockade of Gaza in order to normalize relations with Israel, President Tayyip Erdogan's spokesman said on Monday.
Read more: Erdogan Spokesman: Turkey will not drop demand for ending Gaza blockade
JPOST VIDEOS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>