JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. The Jordanian government warned on Monday that there would be "serious consequences" if Israel continues to allow Jews to ascend the Temple Mount following a busy Sunday in which over 100 Israeli Jews visited the holy site in honor of the first of the intermediary days of Passover, Israel Radio reported.
Read more: Jordan: Stop Jews from visiting Temple Mount or face consequences
2. A Hezbollah official on Sunday night claimed that "Israel is training dozens of Saudi military officers" under the framework of alleged clandestine ties between the two countries.
Read more: Hezbollah deputy leader: 'Israel is training Saudi army officers'
3. More than four-fifths of the US Senate have signed a letter urging President Barack Obama to quickly reach an agreement on a new defense aid package for Israel worth more than the current $3 billion per year.
Read more: Large majority of US Senate pushes Obama to boost Israel aid
4. Controversial Arab-Israeli MK Haneen Zoabi urged Palestinians to revolt against the Palestinian Authority and protest against its security cooperation with Israel, the London-based al-Quds al-Arabi newspaper reported Monday.
Read more: MK Zoabi calls on Palestinians to revolt against Palestinian Authority
5. Iranian media reported Monday that President Hassan Rouhani requested to remove the words "Death to Israel" from the ballistic missiles belonging to his country.
Read more: Report: Rouhani requests removal of 'Death to Israel' from Iranian missiles