JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. An Arab man and woman suspected of attempting to carry out a stabbing attack against Israeli soldiers were shot and killed on Wednesday at a checkpoint near Palestinian village of Kalandiya in the West Bank,
Read more: Knife-clad Palestinian pair shot in attempted West Bank stabbing attack
2. David Goldfein, the vice chief of staff of the US Air Force, was nominated to serve as the branch’s highest-ranking officer.
Read more: David Goldfein to serve as US Air Force’s highest ranking officer
3. Opposition leader Isaac Herzog (Zionist Union) on Wednesday issued his latest attack on Israel's right-wing cabinet, accusing its "macho" ministers of incompetency that allowed for Hamas to operate freely in the Gaza Strip
Read more: Herzog slams 'macho' government that 'lets Hamas operate freely in Gaza'
4. Contradicting the official American policy towards the conflict in Syria, Republican State Senator Richard Black has voiced strong criticism against the Syrian opposition describing it as "a group of terrorists fighting against the legitimate government and the Syrian people."
Read more: US senator in Syria: 'Legitimate Assad government is fighting terrorist' opposition
5. Amid increased visits by Jews to the Temple Mount over the intermediate days of Passover, MK Moshe Gafni (United Torah Judaism) said on Wednesday that Jews who ascend to the Temple Mount are instigating war.
Read more: Jews ascending Temple Mount are instigating war, ultra-Orthodox MK says
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>