JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Iran’s regime executed a gay adolescent in July - the first confirmed execution of someone convicted as a juvenile in the Islamic Republic in 2016 - Amnesty International reported this week.
Read more: Iran executes gay teenager in violation of international law
2. A female Israeli citizen was wounded and an American woman killed by a man with suspected mental health issues who went on a rampage with a knife in central London, the Foreign Ministry confirmed Thursday.
Read more: Israeli citizen wounded in London knifing attack
3. Hamas infiltrated a large international aid organization operating in Gaza and redirected tens of millions of dollars - 60 percent - of the organization's budget to its military wing, the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) announced on Thursday, following an investigation that lasted almost two months.
Read more: Hamas 'infiltrated int'l Gazan aid group,' stole tens of millions of dollars
4. The Israel Prison Service parole board on Thursday rejected former president Moshe Katsav's appeal for early parole from his seven-year jail sentence for rape.
Read more: Former president Katsav to remain in prison for rape, parole board rules
5. The cabinet is to vote in the coming weeks on a proposal by Transportation Minister Israel Katz to facilitate the creation of a Gazan seaport, to be built on an artificial island off the Strip, the minister told The Jerusalem Post
in an exclusive interview which will be published in full on Friday.
Read more: Cabinet to vote on giving Gaza a port
JPOST VIDEOS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>