JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. In a letter to US President Barack Obama, former Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad asked for the US to return around $2 billion of frozen assets, AFP reported.
Read more: What did former Iranian president Ahmadinejad write to Obama?
2. Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) became the first Palestinian faction to announce that it will boycott the upcoming municipal elections set to take place on October 8th, according to a PIJ press release.
Read more: Islamic Jihad calls to escalate intifada as it boycotts Palestinian elections
3. J Street this time around has cultivated an advocate for their cause on the Democratic ticket in Virginia: Sen. Tim Kaine.
Read more: A J Street man on the Democratic ticket
4. Jews along with Christians, and not just Muslims, could be prohibited from immigrating to the US under a proposed ban by Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, his running mate Mike Pence indicated Monday.
Read more: Pence indicates Trump's immigrant ban could also include Jews, Christians
5. Terrorists from the Islamic State group have allegedly called for attacks at the upcoming Miss Universe competition set for January 2017 in the Philippines.
Read more: ISIS reportedly calls for attacks on Miss Universe pageant
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>