JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Capt. (Res.) Eliav Galman, 30, was killed by friendly fire, in the midst of a stabbing attack at the Gush Etzion junction in the West Bank on Wednesday afternoon.
Read more: IDF reserves officer killed by stray fire during Palestinian knife attack
2. Security personnel at Sde Dov Airport in northern Tel Aviv detected on Wednesday weapons stashed in a bag carried by a female passenger flying to Eilat.
Read more: Weapons detected in passenger's bag at Tel Aviv airport
3. A photograph uploaded to social media of Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg walking through an auditorium filled with people wearing virtual reality headsets has made waves on the Internet this week as people fear it is a glimpse into the future of humanity.
Read more: Our new tech overlord? Photo of Mark Zuckerberg gives eerie glimpse into the future
4. A member of the Egyptian parliament has invited the Israeli ambassador in Cairo to a dinner at his house in an unusual move that hints at normalization.
Read more: Egyptian MP invites Israeli ambassador to dinner to discuss Israeli mediation in Nile dispute
5. Five women in their twenties from the ancient Chinese Jewish community of Kaifeng are due to make aliya in late February in what will mark the first aliya of its kind in nearly seven years.
Read more: From China to Israel: 5 women from ancient Jewish community to make aliya
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>