JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. A Palestinian newspaper is reporting on Sunday that at least five members of Hamas’ military wing were injured when a tunnel they were in collapsed underneath the Gaza Strip.
Read more: Report: At least five Hamas men trapped in Gaza tunnel collapse
2. Israeli security forces on Sunday arrested Saadi Ali Abu Hammad, charged with attacking a security guard in Ma’aleh Adumim’s shopping mall with an ax.
Read more: GRAPHIC VIDEO: Ax-wielding Palestinian terrorist attacks security guard
3. The Democratic presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders is seeking advice on foreign policy from Lawrence Wilkinson, who has speculated that Israel might have carried out chemical attacks in Syria.
Read more: Sanders getting advice from expert who said Israel may have carried out Syria chemical attacks
4. Egyptian lawmaker Tawfik Okasha was attacked in parliament on Sunday, with one colleague hurling a shoe at him and others demanding he be suspended after he invited the Israeli ambassador for dinner.
Read more: Egyptian lawmaker attacked with shoe for dining with Israeli ambassador
5. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu may not travel to Washington for this year’s American Israel Public Affairs Committee policy conference because US President Barack Obama is scheduled to be in Cuba at the time.
Read more: Obama’s trip to Cuba may put kibosh on Netanyahu attending AIPAC event