JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Over the course of his campaign, the discourse of presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has offended many groups in the United States: Hispanics, African-Americans, women, Jews and Muslims have all felt targeted at least once.
Read more: Jews and Muslims actually defend Donald Trump
2. Following the analysis of an unprecedented 30-year excavation in the port city of Ashkelon of the remains from the only Philistine cemetery ever discovered, one of the biggest mysteries in archeology and academia may finally be solved.
Read more: Bones unearthed in Ashkelon at only known Philistine cemetery may reveal ancient mystery
3. Saraya al-Quds, the military wing of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, announced Sunday morning that an attack tunnel collapsed on many members of its ranks in the north Gazan border town of Beit Hanoun, leaving one dead and others injured.
Read more: Gaza tunnel collapse kills Islamic Jihad operative
4. The IDF will decisively defeat Hezbollah in the event of a future war in Lebanon, IDF Chief of Staff, Lt.-Gen. Gadi Eisenkot, vowed on Sunday ahead of the 10th anniversary of the Second Lebanon War.
Read more: IDF chief: If needed, we will defeat Hezbollah in next confrontation
5. Egypt placed itself firmly in the middle of the diplomatic process between Israel and the Palestinians on Sunday, when Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry arrived in Jerusalem and said before meeting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that the Egyptian leadership is “serious” in its determination to “provide all possible forms of support” toward reaching the goal of a two-state solution.
Read more: Egypt FM arrives, places Cairo - not France - at center of Mideast diplomatic efforts
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>