JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. A decade after the Second Lebanon War, Israel and Hezbollah have kept their guns silent, and the northern border has experienced an unprecedented period of mostly incident-free years.
Read more: Analysis: Assessing the covert war between the IDF and Hezbollah
2. The wife of NFL player Brent Grimes used an anti-Semitic slur in ridiculing the Miami Dolphins’ Jewish owner for hiring a fellow Jew to be his team’s executive vice president.
Read more: NFL player’s wife uses anti-Semitic slur to rap Jewish owner of Dolphins
3. Israel successfully chipping away at upcoming UNESCO ballot.
Read more: Analysis: Automatic voting against Israel at UNESCO? Not anymore
4. Jerusalem is confident that the strong relationship with Britain it enjoyed under Prime Minister David Cameron will continue when Home Secretary Theresa May takes over the job by Wednesday.
Read more: Theresa May, a ‘long-standing friend of Israel’
5. Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is expected to announce his choice of running mate later this week, but leaks of additional candidates under consideration suggest he is still undecided at this late hour.
Read more: Where are Trump's VP candidates on Israel and Iran?
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>