JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. The IDF has lost control over the portions of Area C around the Hebron area, Kiryat Arba Council head Malachi Levinger said at a parlor meeting between politicians and settler leaders on Thursday afternoon.
Read more: 'The IDF has lost control over the Hebron area'
2. Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump took a stab at US President Barack Obama's stance on Israel late Wednesday, taking to Twitter to ask: "Is President Obama trying to destroy Israel with all his bad moves?"
Read more: Trump: 'Is President Obama trying to destroy Israel with all his bad moves?'
3. Rahaf Mufeed Abdullah, a Palestinian high school senior from the West Bank village of Beita, became a Palestinian national heroine on Monday when Palestinian Authority Education Minister Sabri Saidam announced that she earned the highest score on the Tawjihi, a Palestinian national standardized test, in all of the West Bank, the Gaza Strip and east Jerusalem.
Read more: The smartest Palestinian teenager in all the land
4. The Egyptian government on Thursday issued a denial that its foreign minister and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had watched the Euro 2016 soccer final together in Jerusalem after the premier posted a photo of occurrence on social media, according to Iranian state news agency Press TV.
Read more: Egypt outraged over reports minister watched soccer game with Netanyahu
5. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is willing to go anywhere to meet Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to negotiate, but the setting of preconditions for such talks is a non-starter, a government source said Wednesday amid speculation of a fourway summit in Cairo.
Read more: Palestinian pre-conditions for Cairo summit a non-starter, official says
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>