JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. A stabbing attack occurred at the Al Aroub IDF checkpoint on Route 60, south of the West Bank's Gush Etzion Junction on Monday, the army said.
Read more: Palestinian attacker lightly wounds 2 IDF soldiers in West Bank stabbing
2. Comments made last week by Rabbi Yigal Levenstein, founder and head of the Bnei David pre-military academy in the Eli settlement, describing homosexuals as perverts and claiming that a socially liberal agenda is being advanced in the IDF have caused uproar in the national-religious community in the last few days.
Read more: Prominent national religious rabbi's comments on gays, IDF spark uproar
3. “He was always in love with Israel,” said Yocheved Rindenow, Shlomo Rindenow’s older sister.
Read more: IDF Sgt. Shlomo Rindenow: A dream cut short
4. Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump – who said in February he wanted to be a “neutral guy” in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict – selected as his running mate a man who told The Jerusalem Post that the US should not be an “honest broker” in the Mideast, but rather let the world know the US is firmly on Israel’s side.
Read more: Pence: ‘World must know US stands with Israel’
5. Israeli Police on Monday concluded “Operation 500,” in which an undercover agent was embedded, for over a year, into the Arab sector’s illegal arms trade in the Israeli-Arab Triangle and Netanya regions.
Read more: Undercover agent leads to mass arrests in Arab sector illegal arms trade
JPOST VIDEOS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>