1. Culture and Sport Minister Miri Regev announced on Sunday that she would not participate in the opening ceremonies of the Olympic Games in Rio De Janeiro on Friday, August 5, because it would obligate her to violate the Sabbath.
Read more: Israeli culture minister to skip Olympic opening ceremonies due to Sabbath
2. Israel can only normalize relations with its Arab neighbors if it resolves the conflict with the Palestinians, a visiting delegation from Saudi Arabia told parliamentarians on Friday.
Read more: Saudi delegation to Israel: Ending Palestinian conflict critical for ties with Arab states
3. In recent days, the IDF's Battalion 82 took a leap forward through decades of military technology, when it left behind it Merkava MK 2 tanks, and took possession of the cutting edge Merkava MK 4 tanks instead.
Read more: The first Hebrew tank battalion switches to Merkava MK 4 tanks
4. At the crossroads between a divided Europe and a convulsed Middle East, Turkey is caught in a power struggle between former Islamist allies which is shaking democratic institutions and raises questions about its future path.
Read more: Analysis: Erdogan gains upper hand in Turkish power struggle
5. IDF Sgt. Elor Azaria began testifying on Sunday morning in the ongoing manslaughter trial for his shooting of a downed Palestinian terrorist in March.
Read more: Hebron shooter testifies: IDF major hit me after I shot Palestinian attacker