JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Left-wing protesters demonstrating outside of the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia on Tuesday night torched Israeli and American flags amid chants of "intifada!" and "go home, F*** Hillary!"
Read more: Protesters torch Israeli flag outside Democratic National Convention
2. Should Israel give up its freedom to operate in Judea and Samaria, the Palestinian Authority "won't survive, and the Jordanian kingdom will fall too," former Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon warned on Wednesday, during a speech at Bar-Ilan University.
Read more: 'If Israel leaves West Bank, PA, Jordan will collapse'
3. A close relative of Muhammed al-Faqih (29), the assailant who shot and killed Rabbi “Miki" Mark in late June, told The Jerusalem Post that he never thought that Faqih would carry out a shooting attack. In a phone call, the relative, who agreed to speak on the condition of anonymity, said, “I never thought he would carry out an attack.”
Read more: Terrorist's family claims shock, says rabbi-murderer 'loved life'
4. Both Republican and Democratic parties have experienced deep divides over the course of the 2016 primaries, which began last February.
Read more: Between Never-Trump and Never-Hillary, some Jews choose Libertarianism
5. Democratic National Committee staff members questioned Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s request for the group to put out a statement in honor of Holocaust Remembrance Day, leaked emails show.
Read more: DNC staffers question Holocaust Remembrance Day statement in leaked emails
JPOST VIDEOS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>