JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Former Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders referenced his family’s Jewish history in condemning GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump’s attack on the parents of an American Muslim soldier killed in Iraq.
Read more: Sanders references his Jewish history in response to Trump attack
2. A gunman killed a woman and seriously wounded three others in Austin early on Sunday when he shot into a crowd as people streamed out of nightclubs in the Texan capital's downtown area, police said.
Read more: Texas shooting: One killed, four wounded in downtown Austin
3. Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah does indeed have reason to worry about signs of strengthening ties between Israel and Saudi Arabia.
Read more: Does Nasrallah have a reason to fear strengthening Israeli-Saudi ties?
4. In a mix of English, Spanish, and masterful guitar riffs, the Latin rock legend Carlos Santana shared his soulful music with a crowd of nearly 50,000 Saturday night at HaYarkon Park in Tel-Aviv.
Read more: Santana wows Israel with masterful guitar and message of peace
5. Abd al-Mujid al-Hakim, a member of the Saudi Arabian delegation that recently visited Israel and the Palestinian territories, told BBC Arabic on Friday that he believes Israeli society wants peace.
Read more: Member of Saudi delegation: Israeli society wants peace