JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Kenya's security forces allegedly foiled an attempt to assassinate Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu by attacking his convoy during his visit to the state as part of a five-day trip to Africa, the Kuwaiti daily newspaper al-Jarida reported Thursday.
Read more: Report: Kenya foiled assassination attempt on Netanyahu during his visit
2. Education Minister Naftali Bennett could easily be the most outspoken minister in the Security Cabinet. He doesn’t reveal what’s said behind closed doors, but he’s often the only minister to make his opinions known about what’s being discussed and his tactical suggestions of what Israel should do public, as he did last weekend, releasing a 10-point plan to curb the current wave of terror.
Read more: How the Lebanon War led Bennett from hi-tech millions to politics
3. The Jewish chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida, slammed presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump on Thursday for defending a tweet interpreted by many in the American Jewish community to have anti-Semitic overtones.
Read more: Trump campaign's 'anti-Semitic overtones' no accident, DNC chair suggests
4. News network CNN has updated a graphic it featured this week listing some of the deadliest terror attacks that occurred throughout the month of Ramadan to include reference to the July 8 shooting attack in Tel Aviv.
Read more: CNN explains U-turn to list Tel Aviv terror attack in graphic
5. While Sarah Silverman is used to turning heads with her tongue-in-cheek antics, the Jewish American actress and comedian has now garnered attention regarding a more grave matter. She almost died.
Read more: Jewish American comedian Sarah Silverman almost died last week