JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Global terrorism will end if the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is resolved, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said on Thursday as he condemned all forms of such violence.
Read more: Abbas: Stop global terrorism by ending the Israeli occupation of Palestine
2. Former reality TV star Tila Tequila accused Sarah Silverman and the Jews of killing Jesus before saying the comedian was next on a “celebrity sacrifice” list.
Read more: Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
3. The Likud MK said “the situation in which MKs and parties who lost votes in the Knesset turn to the High Court as a way to circumvent the Knesset shows a total disrespect for legitimate democratic decisions and the Knesset’s independence.”
Read more: Likud MK proposes controversial limitations on lawmakers’ petitions to High Court
4. A Jewish political action committee is seeking to get the Republican Party platform to recognize the West Bank as an “indigenous” part of the Jewish homeland.
Read more: Jewish PAC to press Republicans to call West Bank ‘Jewish homeland’
5. Former president Shimon Peres on Thursday criticized those in Israel who question the friendship of US President Barack Obama, suggesting that they were ungrateful.
Read more: Peres slams Israeli critics of Obama: It wouldn't hurt us to say thank you
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>