JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. The Hannibal Protocol, which dictates extraordinary tactics and use of force by the IDF to try to prevent the capture of one of its soldiers, has been canceled, with a new directive soon to be issued, senior security sources told The Jerusalem Post on Tuesday.
Read more: IDF to reform controversial anti-kidnapping Hannibal Protocol
2. Shortly after Turkey and Israel forged a reconciliation deal, six years after the Mavi Marmara incident, senior Hamas officials revealed on Monday their opposition to the deal, claiming that the Palestinian terror organization was not a party to its consolidation.
Read more: Senior Hamas officials blast Israel-Turkey normalization deal
3. UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon called on Israel to lift the "suffocating" blockade on the Gaza Strip, a day after Israel said the naval blockade would continue after reaching a deal with Turkey to normalize ties.
Read more: In Gaza, UN chief calls on Israel to lift 'suffocating' blockade of Strip
4. The Supreme Court confirmed the two life term sentence of Jewish terrorist Jack Tytell for murdering Palestinians, on Tuesday.
Read more: Jewish terrorist gets 2 life term sentences over murder of Palestinians, after court axes appeal
5. Having made the desert bloom and become the world leader in water management, Israel is now helping parched California solve its water problems.
Read more: Israel leading a ‘water revolution’ in arid California