JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. The IDF Archives in the Defense Ministry unveiled on Sunday new testimonies by military generals in the aftermath of the 1967 Six Day War, which shed new light on the concerns, frustrations, and assessments of IDF brass relating to the conflict that shapes Israel to this day.
Read more: Defense Ministry releases new Six Day War testimonies by IDF generals
2. Under King Salman, Saudi Arabia is expanding its confrontation with Iran well beyond the Middle East, no longer relying heavily on Western allies to smother Tehran's ambitions outside the Arab world.
Read more: Saudi Arabia expands its anti-Iran strategy beyond the Mideast
3. Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein received an email Saturday night in which parliamentarians from around the world reaffirmed their support for Jerusalem as the Jewish state’s undivided capital, in a letter sent in honor of Jerusalem Day.
Read more: Politicians from across the world call for united Jerusalem
4. Erin Schrode, a 25-year-old Jewish activist who hopes to be the youngest woman to ever be elected to Congress, has struck back at an onslaught of hate mail in a Facebook post Saturday night.
Read more: Jewish congressional hopeful decries haters: This 'goes far beyond anti-Semitism'
5. Senior Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh's controversial statements Friday describing life in the Gaza Strip as "wonderful" aroused mayhem on Palestinian social media networks over the weekend, where a group of Gazan activists launched a campaign against the Palestinian terrorist group.
Read more: Gazans slam Hamas leader Haniyeh for painting life in Gaza as 'wonderful'