JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. In a stunning development, B'Tselem announced on Monday that it has interviewed two witnesses who said a second IDF soldier illegally executed another terrorist during what has become known as the Hebron shooter incident.
Read more: B'Tselem says 2nd soldier executed another terrorist in Hebron case
2. Three Jordanian intelligence officers and two other security personnel were killed in an attack on a security office in a Palestinian refugee camp on the outskirts of the Jordanian capital, a government official said on Monday.
Read more: At least five killed in attack on Palestinian camp in Jordan
3. Ukraine's state security service said on Monday a French citizen detained in late May on the Ukrainian-Polish border had been planning attacks in France to coincide with the Euro 2016 soccer championship it is hosting.
Read more: 'Plan to attack Muslim, Jewish places of worship during Euro 2016 thwarted'
4. A majority of the Israeli public have refrained from visiting Jerusalem in the past year due to security concerns, according to a poll released Sunday.
Read more: 'Majority of Israeli public fearful of visiting Jerusalem'
5. Arab League Secretary-General Nabil al-Arabi has slammed Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's recent calls to introduce changes into the 2002 Arab Peace Initiative in order to reinvigorate the Israel-Palestinian peace process.
Read more: Arab League won't accept any changes to 2002 peace initiative, says chief