JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. The United States on Tuesday accused Israel of “expropriating land” in the Jordan Valley after it reclassified as state land 2,342 dunams (578 acres) near the Palestinian city of Jericho.
Read more: US accuses Israel of expropriating 2,342 dunams in the Jordan Valley
2. The annual World Happiness Report published on Tuesday by the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) ranked Israel as the 11th happiest country in the world for a third year in a row.
Read more: Where did Israel place on the 2016 world happiness index?
3. The Palestinian Authority has not agreed - and won't in the future - to allow the IDF to conduct 'hot pursuits' (after terrorists) into Area A in the West Bank, the Palestinian daily Al-Quds reported Wednesday.
Read more: 'PA will never allow IDF to conduct hot pursuits after terrorists into Area A of West Bank'
4. Israel has unofficial diplomatic ties with Indonesia, Deputy Foreign Minister Tzipi Hotovely said, responding Wednesday to a parliamentary question from MK Ahmed Tibi (Joint List) about Israel denying Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi entry to the Palestinian Authority.
Read more: Deputy FM reveals Israel's secret ties with Indonesia
5. At the start of his meeting on Wednesday at the Kremlin with President Reuven Rivlin, Russian President Vladimir Putin, stressed his country's historic ties with Israel.
Read more: Putin meets Rivlin at Kremlin amid Russia's Syria disengagement