JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. An EgyptAir plane flying from Alexandria to Cairo was hijacked and forced to land in Cyprus on Tuesday but the passengers and crew were freed unharmed and the hijacker, whose motives remained a mystery, was arrested after giving himself up.
Read more: Hijacker of EgyptAir flight emerges from aircraft in surrender
2. Israeli Sephardic Chief Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef walked back his statement that non-Jews should not live in Israel, calling the comment “theoretical.”
Read more: Israeli chief rabbi retracts comments on non-Jews, killing terrorists
3. Rafael Advanced Defense Systems signed a cooperation agreement with India's Reliance Defense firm on Tuesday that will encompass future deals worth 10 billion dollars, the companies announced in Goa, where the 2016 Defexpo exhibition is taking place.
Read more: Israeli, Indian defense firms sign major cooperation agreement
4. IDF Prosecutor Lt. Col. Edoram Rigler on Tuesday said that there was no military need for the Hebron shooter, suspected of murder, to kill the Palestinian in an unusual hearing in Kastina near Ashdod.
Read more: IDF prosecutor: There was no military need for Hebron shooter to kill Palestinian
5. Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi faced stinging criticism from his opponents over the weekend over his alleged normalization of ties with the Jewish State.
Read more: Sisi's face appears on Israeli currency amid 'Egyptian shekel scandal'