JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. The UK's Labour party was again facing criticism this week over reported remarks made by a party activist who allegedly insinuated that Israel is behind the terrorist group known as Islamic State, British media reported.
Read more: UK Labour activist faces backlash over 'ISIS is run by Israel' remarks
2. A group of nearly a dozen US lawmakers have recently requested the Obama administration investigate allegations claiming that security forces from Israel and Egypt have committed “gross violations of human rights,” according to a Politico report published Tuesday.
Read more: Group of US lawmakers calls for probe of alleged Israeli rights violations
3. Sure, Jean-Claude Van Damme can dismantle world-class tough guys with a swift roundhouse kick to the head or shattering punch to the jaw, but "The Muscles from Brussels" learned the hard way in Jerusalem that fighting anti-Israel Internet trolls is a different story, altogether.
Read more: Jean-Claude Van Damme does battle with anti-Israel trolls during Jerusalem visit
4. The Associated Press, the world's biggest news agency, cooperated with the Nazi regime during World War II, the Guardian reported on Wednesday, citing archival material unearthed by a German historian.
Read more: The Associated Press cooperated with Hitler's Nazi regime, historian claims
5. A new Palestinian propaganda video that made rounds this week on the Internet claims that Israel has been excavating a network of tunnels underneath the western part of the Temple Mount complex, allegedly in order to "Judaize" the compound and build the third Temple.
Read more: Palestinian film claiming Israel digging under al-Aksa threatens to inflame tensions