JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. The IDF high command is preparing a number of surprises for Hezbollah.
Read more: Analysis: Israel's next war with Hezbollah will be swifter and decisive
2. A senior Islamic State commander was killed on Monday by disgruntled members of the jihadist group in internecine fighting that has wracked the movement in its de facto capital of Raqqa, Kurdish news agencies are reporting.
Read more: Report: ISIS gunmen stage mutiny, kill local commander in de facto capital
3. Two of the factions making up the predominantly Arab Joint List party came out against the Gulf Arab states' decision last week to label Hezbollah a terrorist organization.
Read more: Two Knesset factions condemn Gulf States for labeling Hezbollah a terrorist organization
4. Jordan's King Abdullah II has fiercely condemned “Israeli violations on Temple Mount,” claiming that they have recently increased “systematically and dangerously.”
Read more: Jordan's King Abdullah: 'Israeli violations on Temple Mount dangerously increased lately'
5. A rare seal from the First Temple period was recently unearthed in a large ancient building during excavations carried out in the Giv’ati parking lot at the City of David, in the Jerusalem Walls National Park, the IAA announced on Sunday.
Read more: Rare 2,500-year-old woman’s seal from First Temple period unearthed in Jerusalem