JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Former chief rabbi of the UK and prominent public intellectual Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks said on Monday that former mayor of London Ken Livingstone should be sacked from the Labour party.
Read more: Rabbi Sacks: Livingstone should be sacked from Labour party for Hitler comments
2. Legendary Jewish Hollywood film director Steven Spielberg was caught off guard at the Cannes Film Festival Saturday evening after a reporter asked if he was aware of acclaimed children's author Roald Dahl's professed anti-Semitic views, according to USA Today.
Read more: Speilberg's new movie based on book by 'anti-Semitic bigot'
3. A treasure trove of ancient artifacts that made their way to the bottom of the sea when a merchant ship went down off the coast of Caesarea some 1600-years ago during the Roman period was recently discovered, the Israel Antiquities Authority announced Monday.
Read more: Ancient Roman treasure trove found off coast of Caesarea
4. Saudi Deputy Crown Prince and Minister of Defense Mohammed bin Salman Prince Mohammed is overseeing the most dramatic changes his country has seen in the past half century.
Read more: Analysis: What exactly is happening in Saudi Arabia?
5. A Palestinian terrorist stabbed and lightly wounded an Israeli man on Ha'nevi'im Street in Jerusalem on Monday.
Read more: Stabbing attack in Jerusalem: One Israeli wounded, suspect apprehended
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>