JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. The Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas praised the head of the British Labor Party for his refusal to condemn the organization considered by Western governments and Israel to be a terrorist outfit.
Read more: Hamas says its ties with UK Labor's Corbyn 'painful hit for the Zionists'
2. Amid rumors that Bruce Springsteen will perform in Tel Aviv this summer, he and his E Street band have come under fire from supporters of boycotting Israel.
Read more: Bruce Springsteen guitarist blasts ‘obnoxious idiots’ who back BDS
3. Israeli Labor party MK Itzik Shmuli on Tuesday called on the leader of his UK sister party Jeremy Corbyn to resign amid reports that the party secretly suspended an additional 50 members for anti-Semitic and racist rhetoric.
Read more: Israeli Labor MK calls on UK's Corbyn to resign amid anti-Semitism scandal
4. Ofir Gross, 40, who was found dead hours after having been declared missing in Hungary, had been beaten to death by bricks while sleeping according to Hungarian authorities, Channel 2 reported Tuesday.
Read more: Israeli killed in Hungary was beaten to death with bricks
5. Security forces have foiled an attempt to smuggle into Gaza four tons of chemicals that can be used to manufacture long-rang rockets, the Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) announced on Tuesday morning.
Read more: Smuggling attempt foiled: Israel seizes 4 tons of Gaza-bound chemicals used in rockets