JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. The Israeli army's deputy chief of staff ignited controversy late Wednesday evening with his remarks which seemed to suggest a parallel between present-day Israel and 1930s Germany.
Read more: IDF general in bombshell speech: Israel today shows signs of 1930s Germany
2. At least three mortar shells were launched at IDF positions near the Gaza border Thursday, according to a statement released by the military. No injuries or damage were reported in the incident.
Read more: Cross-border exchange of fire after IDF uncovers Hamas terror tunnel
3. Thousands of people were set to take part in the March of the Living on Thursday, walking from Auschwitz to Birkenau in Poland to mark Holocaust Remembrance Day.
Read more: WATCH LIVE: Thousands walk from Auschwitz to Birkenau in March of the Living
4. The Holocaust survivor died last month only days after Sol, the younger brother she saved during the Holocaust. The two siblings were buried in a double funeral in Jerusalem.
Read more: Sibling survivors of Shoah die within hours of each other
5. Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon on Thursday voiced his support for Deputy Chief of Staff Yair Golan, after he was accused by some right-wing politicians and social media users of comparing Israel to the Nazis in a speech he made for Holocaust Remembrance Day on Wednesday.
Read more: Ya'alon backs deputy IDF chief against accusations he compared Israel to Nazis
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>