JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Senator Lindsey Graham is holding up the conclusion of a critical, decade-long defense deal between the US and Israel with legislation that would increase US aid to the Jewish state next year by over $300 million what the White House has agreed to.
Read more: Senator holding up Israel defense deal, insisting on role for Congress
2. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said on Monday that health is an issue in the campaign after his Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton, revealed she had pneumonia, and he said he would soon release detailed health information of his own.
Read more: Trump: Health an issue in US presidential race after Clinton illness
3. A Brooklyn resident, 32 year-old Albanian-American Emirjeta Xhelili, attacked two Muslim women and their children while on a walk Thursday, NBC reported.
Read more: Brooklyn woman attacks Muslim moms, attempts to rip off their hijabs
4. An activist flotilla sailing under the banner "Mujeres Rumbo a Gaza" (Women's Boat to Gaza) was set to anchor off from Barcelona on Wednesday evening toward the Gaza Strip.
Read more: Israel eyeing Gaza-bound 'women's flotilla' setting sail from Barcelona
5. Israel now uses its air force, not just surface-to-surface missiles, to punish those who fire into its territory from Syria.
Read more: IAF hits back harder at Syrian regime when fire strays into Israeli territory