Marzouk: Hamas is no longer responsible for Schalit's safety

By JPOST.COM STAFF
January 11, 2009 09:22

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Hamas is no longer responsible for the safety of captured IDF soldier Gilad Schalit, one of the group's leaders was quoted as saying Sunday. Mousa Abu Marzouk, the deputy chairman of Hamas's political bureau, told Al-Hayat that he doesn't know whether or not Schalit had been wounded during the IDF's Gaza operation "Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't," he told the London-based newspaper. "This issue is no longer of interest to us and we are no longer responsible for his safety."

Related Content

Jisr az-Zarq
April 3, 2014
Residents of Jisr az-Zarqa beckon Israel Trail hikers to enjoy their town

By SHARON UDASIN