Haifa's fishermen are being warned to be careful of what they catch after a local fisherman's entire family was poisoned recently by eating a fish he had caught off the Carmel beach, reports Yediot Haifa. It is the second time within one year that a fisherman's family has been poisoned by eating a locally caught fish. According to the report, poisonous fish do sometimes find their way into the Mediterranean Sea and take fishermen's bait, and local fishermen should be aware of the differences between species. In the most recent case, the fisherman caught a fish known as Ha'agamon Hanoded, a poisonous puffer-fish found mostly in the Indian Ocean and the Red Sea. The report said the fisherman's wife had been brought to Rambam Hospital with severe breathing difficulties, and the fisherman and his son had experienced tingling sensations in their lips that also turned into severe breathing problems. All three required artificial respiration until the poison lost its effect. A neurologist said the poison had paralyzed the family's throat and chest muscles, and if they had not been hospitalized in time they most likely would have died.