Egyptian authorities open investigation into pornstar's provocative pictures

After pictures surface on Internet, Egyptian authorities respond to conservative outrage.

By JPOST.COM STAFF
May 4, 2015 10:44
1 minute read.
Carmen De Luz Giza

Adult film star Carmen De Luz in front of pyramid in Giza. (photo credit: FACEBOOK)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Egyptian authorities were reportedly outraged after an adult film actress posted provocative photos of herself on Facebook in front of the pyramids in Giza.

Egypt's Ministry of Antiquities said Friday it was opening an investigation into pornstar Carmen De Luz and released a statement saying "by thoroughly examining the pictures it is clear that there were no individuals or tour buses in the background, meaning that De Luz stayed in the area past the permitted hours."

The ministry quoted  De Luz's Facebook account saying that she only took pictures of herself and denied media reports that a pornographic video was shot in the area surrounding the pyramids and sphinx, according to the English-language news outlet Ahram Online.   

De Luz, who visited Egypt earlier in the week, later wrote on her Twitter account "I did not shoot a porno in Egypt for the sacredness of its people," and "…only went to visit because I love Egypt.”


One of the pictures shared by the actress showed her wearing a black cloak covering her body, while another picture showed her riding a camel and revealing her bottom with the pyramids in the background, Ahram Online added.

Outcries by Egypt's conservatives have erupted after similar events occurred in the past. At least two pornographic videos have been shot at the pyramids - including one this year- leading government authorities to open investigations and tighten controls around the historic site.



Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Members of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards march during a parade to commemorate the anniversary of
January 16, 2019
Iran says it will be ready for new satellite launch in a few months

By REUTERS