A paramilitary soldier walks past car wreckages after an attack on Chinese consulate, Pakistan, 2018. .
(photo credit: REUTERS/AKHTAR SOOMRO)
Islamic State on Saturday claimed responsibility for a suicide bomb attack a day earlier in northwestern Pakistan, the group's Amaq news agency said.
It said the bomber had targeted Shi'ite Muslims in a market in Orakzai and put the death toll at 57. A government official on Friday said at least 25 people had been killed and 20 wounded.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>