Iranian commander: Zionists should fear Hezbollah response anywhere in the world

Revolutionary Guards general: "We must contain Israel … so that it never dares to speak about a missile attack on Iran, we must reinforce our power in the West Bank and Gaza."

By
February 1, 2015 16:02
1 minute read.
hezbollah beirut

Hezbollah supporters during a televized speech by the group's leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah in Beirut. (photo credit: REUTERS)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

The head of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, Maj.-Gen. Muhammad Ali Jafari, told reporters in Tehran that Hezbollah’s attack against Israel last week was the minimum response to its previous air strike in Syria and that from now on Zionists should not feel safe anywhere in the world.

Commenting on the Iranian-backed Hezbollah’s rocket attack on Wednesday that killed two IDF soldiers on the Lebanese border, Jafari said that “we hope that this response will be a lesson for them not to do such wrong deeds anymore,” Iran’s Fars News Agency reported on Saturday.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.


“If Hezbollah cells decide to give a response to the Zionists’ recent move, they [the Israelis] should wait for more crushing and stronger responses not only alongside their borders but in every part of the world that an Israeli Zionist or their supporters are present,” the commander said on Friday.

A total of six Hezbollah fighters and an Iranian general were killed by an alleged Israeli air strike in Syria last month.

The violence has raised tensions between Israel and Hezbollah to their highest point since they fought a 34-day war in 2006, but both sides appear to have backed away from further escalation.

Revolutionary Guards Brig.-Gen. Muhammad Hossein Nejat seconded these remarks, praising Hezbollah’s revenge attack, adding that Israelis are not safe anywhere in their country.

“Hezbollah showed that it has the upper hand, and that nowhere in Israel is safe now and the Israelis should wait for their death every day,” Fars reported Nejat saying on Friday.



Another Revolutionary Guards commander, Brig.-Gen. Iraj Masjedi, said on Saturday that Iran must increase its strength in the West Bank and Gaza, Iran’s Press TV reported.

“We must contain Israel... so that it never dares to speak about a missile attack on Iran, we must reinforce our power in the West Bank and Gaza,” said Masjedi. “The Palestine Liberation Organization must know that what brings them victory is not political negotiation but only resistance and [military] power, and this is what Hezbollah and Hamas have been doing.”

Reuters contributed to this report.

Related Content

August 17, 2018
German Jewish council urges end of Iran-Germany trade

By BENJAMIN WEINTHAL